September0750 Cheap DIY Halloween Costume Ideas
Below you will find our selection of inexpensive Halloween costume ideas that will help you look irresistible in homemade creative costumes which are so easy to make.
1) Just imagine the face of your family and friends when they see you dressed up as a fried egg! To make this costume you need to throw a white sheet over your head, and cut a hole big enough for your head to come through. Put on a yellow hat and paint your face yellow with make up.
2) Put on your everyday clothes. If people ask you what you are, tell them you're a werewolf and explain that you don't have hair or fangs now because it's not a full moon.
3) All you need for the next homemade costume is a bag of white balloons and a box painted any bright color with the word "soap" across it. Put the box over your head, cut out armholes and after that tape the bubbles to the top of the box around your shoulders and head.
4) To go to the Halloween costumes party as a tree put on brown clothes. Purchase a package of fall silk leaves for decorating at a local craft store (there are 50 of them in a pack that costs about $1). Then tape them all over your arms and on a hat. Oh, and don't forget to perch a stuffed bird on your head.
5) To make a costume of a bunch of grapes put on some green or brown clothes underneath and then tape lots of green or purple balloons all over yourself.
6) Simple Halloween costume ideas are never ending: get a roll of orange yarn and a few bags of roasted pumpkin seeds. Wear a cheap orange sweat suit and glue yarn and seeds all over. Go as pumpkin guts.
7) You may go as a carrot stick if you wrap yourself in a roll of orange felt, cut out holes for your arms and put an orange ski cap on your head.
8) Of all last-minute adult Halloween costumes the following one is the simplest: safety-pin a dozen of cheap watches and costume jewelry on the inside of your coat and go to the party as a con man.
9) To go as a refrigerator you need to take a large box, paint it white, green or tan and make armholes as well as a hole at the top for your head. Put the finishing strokes by gluing on some magnets and post-it notes with shopping lists and phone numbers.
10) If you want to go as a bottle of your favorite drink put on a t-shirt displaying your favorite brand of booze. Then take a foil pie plate, make two holes in it at either end, and run string through it. Put it on your head like a hat and tie it.
11) The following Halloween costumes idea is very easy to implement: just glue some clean garbage all over a sweat suit and you are ready to go to the home party as a trash heap.
12) If you are good at writing funny ads just take a poster board, paint the best of your versed masterpieces on, hang it around your neck and go as a billboard.
13) Our homemade Halloween costume ideas for women are also fun and simple. To look like a shopping cart/bag lady wear your rattiest clothes and roll a toy shopping cart full of junk.
14) The homemade adult costume of a mailman will be incomplete without a stuffed dog with its mouth sewn to your pant leg.
15) Movie character Halloween costume ideas have always been very popular. To look exactly like a Hollywood King Kong you should get a gorilla costume. Then take one of those headbands with the springs on it, remove the silver balls from the end and glue on small toy air planes. And don't forget to fetch a little Barbie doll in an evening gown for a complete image of King Kong.
16) This year, you will have all the grounds to say you're God's gift to women if you do the following: get a large box, cut out holes for your arms and head, wrap it with gift wrapping paper and put a big bow on your head. Make a large gift tag out of construction paper that says, "To: Women, From: God".
17) Put on black clothes and a pair of dark sunglasses (glasses with a rubber nose will also be fine). Fashion a strip of fabric into a sash like a beauty queen has and write "Bless you", across it with fabric paint markers. You're a blessing in disguise.
18) To go as a die you need to get two boxes painted white, cut holes for your head and arms and paint or draw black spots on it. If you are going to attend the party with a partner consider making two costumes and go as a pair of dice.
19) Paint a double-line down the middle of an old black sweat suit with yellow fabric paint, then vertically, front and back. Get several tiny toy cars and glue them up and down your front and back and go as a highway.
20) To make the costume of a bag of jellybeans you will need a clear plastic bag, and a bag of assorted colored balloons. First step into the bag and make holes for your legs and arms. Then fill the bag with balloons half-blown up, still standing in it and tie it off at the neck. Finally get a piece of paper as a label and write "Jellybeans" across the front.
21) You will look a real babe magnet if you put on a black sweat suit and attach a bunch of Barbie dolls randomly all over it.
22) For the costume of a TV announcer you need to take a medium sized box, make a hole at the bottom for your head, and a large, square opening in the front. Fit pipe cleaners as antennas and glue soda bottle caps on as knobs. Put on black clothes and place the box over your head.
23) Put on a black sweat suit and attach single socks all over your clothes. You're the sock thief from the drier.
24) Take some brown pom-poms and yellow yarn. Glue them all over an old sweat suit and place an old colander on top of your head as a hat. Go as spaghetti and meat balls.
25) Put on a homemade clown costume top and paint your face. Take a large box and paint it any bright color. Then cut out a hole for your waist and put it on as if the bottom of a skirt. Go as a jack-in-the-box.
26) To go as papier mache in progress just glue several newspapers to old clothes.
27) To make a costume of a cereal killer you will need several small, single-serving sized cereal boxes which you should glue all over some old clothes. And take a big, rubber knife.
28) If you would like to go to the party as a box of tissues take a box and cut out holes for your head and arms. Then wrap it in lovely patterned gift paper. Stick several tissues coming out of the neck. Take a hat and glue a bunch of tissues all over it and put it on.
29) Halloween costumes ideas for pregnant women won't take a lot of time to make. If your belly is big, paint it with orange face paint and draw a pumpkin face on the front. Wear a shirt that opens in front and just fasten it above the belly so the pumpkin protrudes. Put your arms down around your belly to look like you're carrying a jack-o-lantern.
30) Spread your old clothes front-down on the street. After painting your car or bicycle tires with black paint drive the clothes over, let them dry, put them on and you are ready to go as road kill.
31) To go as a piece of gum all you need is put on pink clothes, paint your face pink and tie a sneaker to the top of your head.
32) To make a costume of a sandwich you need to strap two large pieces of foam to your shoulders so that one hangs in front, the other in back. Put some lettuce leaves or green felt so that it comes out of them. After that on the underside of one glue a big, round, red or brown piece of felt that sticks out of the sides.
33) To look like a head on a platter take a round piece of cardboard and make a hole in the center of it. Take a large foil tray and cut a hole in it, then cut a hole in the center of a table cloth. Put the cardboard over your head, then the table cloth so it hangs over your body, then the tray. Stuck lettuce leaves inside the hole so that they would come out from around the neck hole.
34) All you need for a perfect men Halloween costume is to put on a frayed pair of shorts and t-shirt, mess your hair up and go unshaven. Get a garden tiki torch from the party supply store and off you go as a recent loser from Survivor.
35) For the image of a flea beaten dog dress as a dog and attach a cardboard cone around your neck to keep you from scratching for fleas.
36) Dress as a dog and carry a bottle of your favorite liquor to go as a booze hound.
37) For the costume of a rain cloud you will need to glue some cotton all over light blue clothes and grab a water gun to squirt people.
38) Put on your pajamas, fuzzy slippers and bathrobe and attach a pair of angle wings on your back. Carry around a coffee cup and go as the "Angel Of The Morning".
39) To be a web surfer cut out a cardboard shaped like a surf board and cover it with fake spider webs.
40) Put on a business suit and carry around a big jar filled half way up with thumb tacks. You are the "tacks collector".
41) Go to the thrift-store and purchase there the ugliest blue dress you managed to find. Then take a devil costume and throw the dress over it. Go as the "Devil In A Blue Dress".
42) Attach a bunch of white colored balloons to a skin-colored body suit. Put on a shower cap and carry a scrub brush.
43) Wear a rubber pig's nose and wrap yourself in a blanket. You are a pig in a blanket.
44) To go as Jack O' Lantern make a green pumpkin shape out of felt and hang it over yourself. Paint a face on it.
45) Go to the craft store and get a bag of moss from the floral isle. Glue it all over some old clothes and hat and go as a chia pet.
46) To be a French kiss just wrap your body in aluminum foil and top your head with a beret.
47) Pin underwear to your torso and you are a chest of drawers.
48) Dress like a cat and carry a black bag full of fake jewels overflowing and go as a cat burglar.
49) To make a costume of a theatre floor get a black sweat suit and attach to it at random gum wrappers, small pieces of pink clay to represent gum, soda cups and popcorn bags and several kernels of popcorn.
50) Looking for witty Halloween costume ideas? Write many different names on a dozen of name tags and plaster them all over yourself, and go as someone having an identity crisis.